Saturday, January 26, 2008

Raindrops






Another rainy night in LA. The other day, I was asked to take a photo of raindrops hitting the window. As I left the mall tonight it was raining like crazy and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to shoot that photo. So I reached behind the seat and grabbed my camera and snapped this one. I only took one photo, I might go back out and try some more stuff later tonight. We'll see. Ok so I drove around for about an hour tonight between 1am and 2am when the streets were dead. I deleted my first photo because I liked these ones so much more.  Let me know what you think. Click the comment button right down there and leave some feedback. :)

camera settings
105mm
ISO400
f/3.3
1/25 sec

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! This almost looks like the sun; yet, I know that it is not as it must be a tail light. I like this. I would definitely put this one up on my wall. Nice piece of art!

Unknown said...

These are fantastic! The one on the bottom is my favorite because amidst the raindrops is a drizzle; the inconsistency is nice!

Anonymous said...

I really like these. Something about water that makes people happy.

Cheryl Eller said...

awesome.prints please!

Anonymous said...

the second one down is my favorite. it has a splash of blue which i love :)

Anonymous said...

The last one is definitely my favorite too! I look at the lights on the bottom and my eyes want to see what else is down there. Brown and blue would also look great in my room. You need a link to a place where I can buy prints!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You need to put these in a gallery asap.

kw said...

You really love that 105, don't you?

mckay said...

i chose the last picture, too, i like the blue and brown combo.

mck.

eric blackmOn photography said...

Yes, I think the 105mm is probably my favorite lens. Or the 50mm. Probably the 105 since it's macro though.

~mahal~ said...

amazing. i never realized how even more beautiful raindrops could be.
thank you :)

Anonymous said...

these would look great in a gallery... i really like that the raindrops are actually the negative space. beautiful.

Anonymous said...

very cool stuff.