Friday, January 4, 2008

Drizzly Days

It's been raining all day in LA today. I love the rain. I spent my time tonight watching the Lakers game, contemplating on whether or not I should drive down to Santa Monica and try to shoot some photos of the pier in the rain. Around 11pm I decided that I didn't feel like driving all the way there in the rain. So I sat around wondering what I was going to photograph for another hour or so and decided to drive down Ventura Blvd to see what I could see. 
See? Ventura Blvd was dead. Some of the blocks didn't have electricity. I liked the way this little Mexican restaurant called Mexicali looked with the lights reflecting in the wet street. I dragged the shutter so I could get the tailights of a passing car as well. 

camera settings
50mm
ISO100
f/13
6 seconds

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm diggin; it man. The way you captured the sign does it for me. Right on.

Orlando

Anonymous said...

That's why I usually try to sit next to the window at starbucks, because I like that sign and the lights. Beautiful photo. Looks like everyone has left the town.
I like the taillight :)

Anonymous said...

this picture makes me want to grab a coffee.. a nice warm blanket.. sit and stare at the rain falling down..its a peaceful picture..good job love!!

Gabriela

Anonymous said...

You're a night owl! No wonder the streets were dead--although it was a Friday. Mexicali never looked so good!

Anonymous said...

Is "dragged the shutter" another way of saying slow shutter speed? I want to take a photo like this!

eric blackmOn photography said...

Yes, I dragged it for 6 seconds.